Touring Life

Instagram
I'm at the airport in Duesseldorf, 18 days and 16 shows after I arrived to tour in support of my new album. I have had the great fortune and privilege of working with an absolutely stellar group of musicians, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart: Walter Fischbacher, Ulf Stricker, and Max Esquivel. These tours we do are hard, hard work, and you really do need people on the bus that have each other's back and are willing to dig deep when the tank is empty, the drive has been long and there is yet another staircase to lug all your equipment down. We did, and we do. I'm exhausted. Relieved. Exhilarated. I love performing this music, I love riding the energy of it, jumping off a cliff with a group of like-minded people every night. And I love meeting new people and seeing old friends on the road, and hopefully creating an communal experience that we all can partake in. Thank you thank you thank you to all those who came out to listen, to support live music, who have made this experience so rewarding and worthwhile. And to my students in New York: I'll see you tomorrow. Better duck though: incoming touring and likely highly caffeinated vocalist! #blog #tour #elevenpromisestour #jazz #voice #germany #elisabeth #lohninger #duesseldorf #airport

Comments

Popular Posts