FIVE BENEFITS OF SINGING
1. Mental Well-being: Singing helps make you happy! It helps release endorphins and thereby reduces stress and anxiety. has numerous benefits for both your physical and mental health. It helps to release endorphins, the feel-good hormones, which can elevate your mood and reduce stress and anxiety.
2. Breathing and cardiovascular health: Because you breathe more deeply when singing, your body gets oxygenated better, you have more energy and stamina.
3. Community and Connection: When we sing together, we form a bond, whether it’s in a choir, singing with friends, performing in a group, or doing a team building exercise together. We have a common goal and, in my experience, enhance each other happiness when we sing together.
4. Brain health: singing engages multiple areas of the brain, stimulating cognitive function and improving memory, concentration, and mental alertness. It enhances your ability to multitask and coordinate different sensory and motor skills simultaneously. It can also aid in speech therapy, as it strengthens the muscles involved in speech production.
5. Personal growth: Singing regularly and exploring different musical genres and styles helps you grow as an artist and as a human being. If you stay about learning new and diverse songs, you will continue to learn about other cultures, ways of singing and eventually ways of living. As with any skill, you will get better at it by doing it. And the more you do it, the happier you will feel about doing it!