Ballads in Blue Out Now!

I am thrilled to announce the official arrival of our duo album, Ballads in Blue! Downloads are available in all major online retailers, and the physical CD is now available on CD BABY

I'm posting the liner notes for the CD below. Swing on by the CD Baby page, check out some samples, and then click the "Buy CD" button.

Thank you all for your continued support for our music making endeavors.We'll see you at our next show!

Ballads in Blue – liner notes


For many years I wanted to do a ballads album.
But the time was never right.

I was not ready.
I was going on tour.
I was returning from tour.
I was promoting my latest album made on tour.
I was teaching in college.
I was going back on tour.
I was... not ready.

Then fortune forced my hand. The building got sold and our recording studio, Lofish Studios, was closing its doors after 15 years in business.

And there it was: A worthy occasion to record this long-lingering project with my husband, pianist and business partner, Walter Fischbacher in the very studio we had built together, closing one chapter and opening another.
I was as ready as I would ever be.

The songs on this album serve as a reminder to me that every single one of us longs for connection. Every single one of us seeks that particular spark that speaks directly to our humanity and celebrates our life, every part of it.

And I have lived. Loved. Lost. Learned. Had my heart broken and put back together, battle scars showing and making me stronger for it.

I am immensely grateful for being able to do this recording at this moment in my life. A special shout-out to our engineer M.P. Kuo, who was right there with us all the way. Or, as she would say when we asked her if she was rolling, “I am always rolling.”

And a heartfelt thank you to all our friends, family, fellow musicians, music enthusiasts, artists, idealists and dreamers who joined us on this rare and remarkable adventure. You truly made this ride worth our while.
Always yours in music

Elisabeth Lohninger

Comments

Popular Posts